I have to give the credit of this idea to my husband. As is usually the case in our family, he gets the idea, and I implement it. This alone shows how much he’s the visionary in our family and I’m the practical one! I absolutely love this idea and had so much fun making it! Taking a few supplies, you can make a fun beverage bottle that would be perfect for entertaining!
1 empty glass bottle (I used empty wine and San Pellegrino bottles)
1 can primer spray paint (I used Rustoleum)
1 can chalkboard spray paint (also Rustoleum)
tape and newspaper
1. Make sure bottles are clean and dry.
2. Tape off the area you would like to paint. You can either make a stencil or just tape it. I find that just taping it gives much cleaner lines. Also tape newspaper all around to avoid over spray.
3. Lay the bottle down flat (outside!) and spray the primer on. Let dry (dries to the touch in about 20 minutes) and re-coat.
4. After 2 coats of primer, spray the chalkboard paint on. I did 3 coats, waiting about 20 min. in between each coat.
5. When it’s dry, bring it inside and remove all the tape and paper.
6. Let cure for 24 hours. After that, you can clean up any crooked lines using a razor or with light sanding.
7. Write the beverage of choice on the outside and enjoy your fancy new glass beverage bottle!
I bought the corks at Hobby Lobby. I love the extra touch they add! If you don’t want to take the time to make your own bottles, I have 2 for sale in my shop!
PS…The winner of the giveaway is MaryAnne!