I’ll be honest. I didn’t know about this month’s color your world. Brown? How was I going to highlight that color in a photo and make it look all pretty? During our travels in England and Ireland, I had brown in mind. I was honestly amazed at the creativity I found in this color that I thought would be dull to capture.
When we stayed in the South of England at Holmsted Manor, there were plenty of browns in that manor that were worth capturing. The woodwork was amazing. This shot of Emma G was taken in the “Leather Room.” Aren’t those walls amazing? That is leather and it’s really, really old and really, really cool.
Moving right along to Ireland. How do you like that brown door? That’s at Trinity College
. That campus was amazing.
While spending the day in Kilkenny, I spotted this very interesting tree. Isn’t that wood pattern fabulous? Such interesting textures and shapes in there.
And finally, have you ever heard of a flat white? I was introduced to them my second week in England and ordered one every chance I got. It felt the way it was described to me…strong coffee with silky milk on top. Costa Coffee makes it even better with their pretty coffee art.
Wow! Can’t believe all those browns! Now it’s your turn to show off your brown!
So here’s the lowdown…
1. November’s color is BROWN!
2. Take BROWN. Interpret it how you want using whatever medium you want.
3. Write a blog post about it.
4. Grab the Color Your World button to display on your blog or blog post linking back to the linky.
5. Link up your blog post (not your blog). Link will stay open through the next color challenge, December 5th at 11:59 pm CST.
Color Your World is a monthly linky hosted by…