Every Friday, I will be posting 10 things I’m grateful for. Join along with me by posting your blog link in the comments of your own 10 things or simply comment with what you’re thankful for.
1. Sunshine. I lived many years without central AC. While I am very thankful for it during 100 degree days, I still find myself going outside to bask in the sun for a little warmth.
2. A space to write down my thoughts. Currently I’m writing posts on empowerment. Something I’m super passionate about. I’m not done. More thoughts coming!
3. Change of scenery. Maybe I’ve already posted my gratitude on that. I’ve just felt super grateful for the opportunities we currently have to change our scenery in the midst of social distancing.
4. Grilled Thai Coconut Chicken Skewers. A couple of weeks ago, Jeremy made these twice in one week. They’re that good.
5. Learning how to do new things. I’ve had to do this a couple of times recently, and I’ve realized just how much I like the satisfaction of learning how to do something new.
6. Evening walks. It’s probably my favorite time of day to walk. I think it reminds me of Summers spent at my grandmother’s house.
7. Family movie nights. Anyone seen Hamilton yet on Disney+? So great!
8. Options? I do like them, but man. There are SO many choices for electric companies. In South Africa, we had one. My contract with my current provider is ending, so I’m on the hunt for a good plan.
9. Homemade ice cream. That’s EG’s new thing. Man. So good!
10. Fireworks! We saw a fabulous social distanced fireworks show last weekend. My mind drifted to all the years celebrating American Independence Day in South Africa with our dinky fireworks. Such special memories.
What are you thankful for?