Every Friday, I will be posting 10 things I’m grateful for. Join along with me by posting your blog link in the comments of your own 10 things or simply comment with what you’re thankful for.
1. Receipts. I’m always telling Jeremy not to throw away receipts. It’s not that I want to tear down trees exactly, but I use them to score points that I redeem for Amazon gift cards. My favorite app for doing this is Fetch. I’m unashamedly going to give you my referral code. It’s 1Y6ND. Use that, and we’ll both get extra points! I’ve used Ibotta as well although I find it’s much more labor intensive than Fetch. If you’re interested in that one, my referral code is owapgev. This isn’t a cheap ploy at financial gain, but I’m guessing some of you are like me in that you get giddy over saving a buck or earning money without much effort.
2. Trips to nowhere that remind you to shake off the disappointment, and go with the flow.
3. An afternoon with my girl. I promised her I wouldn’t post the photo we took in front of the big wooden bear. Not that I need a photo to show we had a good time.
4. Puzzles! I love doing them although Emma G says I have a problem. Once I start one, I can’t stop. I bought this one at a 2nd hand store. I thought it was missing a piece until I found it on the floor all chewed up. Oh, this crazy dog of ours!
5. Rainy afternoons in the mountains. Perfect reading weather.
6. Apple cinnamon oat muffins. When I had to go gluten free last year, it was a bummer, because I love bread and pastries. It’s hard to find good gluten free recipes, but this one is excellent.
7. Finishing a book. Such a great feeling. Now I’m on to the next one… Man’s Search for Meaning by Viktor Frankl.
8. Salvation sauce? We seriously saw this in a store yesterday.
9. Conversation. The end of last week I was feeling pretty heavy from recent events. Conversation with God, my husband, and my kids has done wonders.
10. Law & Order marathons. We have DISH up here in the mountains and it seems like some channel is always airing Law & Order marathons. Love that show.
What are you thankful for?