Most people make New Year’s resolutions as they head into the new year. I’m all for the goals you want to accomplish in the coming year, but as this year closes, I really feel it appropriate to reflect on everything God has done the past year. It has been an amazing year of seeing God unfold dreams and visions right before our eyes. I’ll try to make this post short, but I must warn you. We serve a great God and He is doing amazing things here in S. Africa. Praise Him He’s chosen to use this vessel called Ten Thousand Homes to bring hope among the hopeless…
- We ran our first DTS (Discipleship Training School) in February with 5 students. Click on the links to read more about their debriefing and graduation.
- We hosted about 45 short-termers, not including the 25 that arrived Monday and the 26 that arrived today! See what some of our short-termers do here, here, and here.
- We hosted the 2009 Youth With A Mission southern Africa conference. What a feat as 300 extra people came onto our property! After the conference, we got an email from the national director, “I have heard so many YWAM staff telling me that the regional staff conference was the best they have ever attended. And there is a general feeling of optimism and hope for the future.” Praise God! Related posts :: Highlights, Signs, Commissioning.
- New works started in 2 communities – Mbonisweni and Kabokweni. Praise God for Victoria and Elizabeth who are our local contacts in these communities. They are the real heroes! Victoria shares about Mbonisweni here and see what Elizabeth is doing in Kabokweni here.
- We moved onto University Village! It’s wonderful to have a property where we can host people and run training and just bless others!
Well, those are the big highlights to an amazing year of pioneering. Thanks for being a part of it through your giving, prayer, and support. It’s a privilege for us to do this with you! Happy New Year!