Saturday evening after I returned from a very fun painting time at Sip N Doodle, I opened my computer to check email. My computer was on and fully charged but my screen was totally blank. Of course, I feared the worst and thought, “Now? Really?” I gave it a rest overnight and thought surely it would be rejuvenated by morning. It wasn’t. After my husband’s kind suggestion, I decided to not let it ruin my day but wait and see what the true problem was. Thankfully it was a small chip that needed to be replaced and it was even covered by my protection plan. In many ways this was so inconvenient but also very timely. I need to get blog posts scheduled before I leave and this puts a dent in that progress, but if this would have happened on my trip, I would have been really stuck. Instead, I’ve been able to leave my scheduling until next week and focus on preparing and even a little packing. I love to feel like I’m getting a head start! My pre-trip goals include…
- Plan Joshua’s birthday party. His birthday is three days after I get home. The more I can do now, the less stressed I will be. It was helped tremendously that I won two birthday related giveaways in the last week! The invitations are designed and ready for print! Yea!
- Plan some blog posts while I’m away. I have ideas. I just need to write them.
- Schedule my Today’s Mama posts. Again the ideas are there.
- Help plan out some meals for Jeremy. I’ve tucked food away in the freezer. I just need to communicate what’s there, and as he juggles their activities and homework, I want to alleviate some of the stress!
- Finish buying my toiletries and other small items this weekend. We have company and spring break next week!
- Back up all my pictures before I leave. I started this process but my computer being in the shop put a hold on it.
I realize this list is a bit long for a week and a half left. There is a beautiful thing, however, when you step on the plane. Everything that didn’t get done just has to wait. I’m actually surprised with my personality that I can set it aside, but I can. And it feels so refreshing. Until I step on that plane, though, I will chip away at this list! We have two more fundraisers (at the local Yogurtville on March 14th and March 18th for anyone interested). And check out our fun at a jewelry class we went to the other night! It’s fun to at least know something about jewelry making before going to photo a jewelry project!