There really wasn’t a lot of measuring and carefulness with these babies. I did learn a bit of a better technique with the second one, using the additional “half” for the sides. Thankfully the black and white (or maybe it’s dark blue??) skirt has such a busy pattern, you can’t see what I did there. 🙂 After getting the width I wanted, I made an elastic casing at the top and used 1 inch ribbed, non-roll elastic. A little embellishment from felt scraps at the bottom gave them a fun touch. For less than $3 each, I have 2 skirts to wear. I love that I don’t have to worry about them getting ruined nor do I have to worry about ease of movement as I photograph my way through Uganda. 🙂
With Joshua’s growing interest in photography, I asked him to take these shots of me. It’s not easy taking photos of a photographer, but I think he did a great job. I had to laugh as I modeled my creations for Jeremy. He said, “I didn’t think they’d be so long.” Perhaps on a person with a normal height, they wouldn’t be, but on a 5’1″ gal, yes, they’re a little long. 🙂
Linking up with Jennifer @ Studio JRU for Sneak Peek Friday!