Every Friday, I will be posting 10 things I’m grateful for. Join along with me by posting your blog link in the comments of your own 10 things or simply comment with what you’re thankful for.
1. That Emma Grace goes to a school where a principal spends 80 hours and 12 days visiting over 600 seniors to help make their senior year during a pandemic a little more memorable. Lots of links to this news story… NY Times, Today, NBC Nightly News… Plus he was one of 4 educators recognized on the Today Show winning $10000 for Emma G’s school!
2. The way the sun is bronzing my skin and lightening my hair as a result of our daily walks. Emma Grace says it makes my skin looks dirty when I get tan. I think she’s crazy.
3. For our friends in Kenya and South Africa delivering food to those in their communities affected by COVID-19. They might not be nurses and doctors, but they are on the front lines.
4. That Taco Tuesday and Cinco de Mayo fell on the same day this year. Score!
5. Evening drives with the fam to go get ice cream. Sometimes you just gotta get out of the house.
6. Topo Chico paired with a lemon or lime. These have become a presence at Friday night pizza. They are fabulous!
7. Emma Grace’s baking. My favorite so far? These peanut butter bombs. Delish.
8. The laugh I got Wednesday when Joshua had to help Jeremy fix the toilet. The gagging sounds coming from him had me belly laughing.
9. The things my kids have said lately that seem just a little bit funnier given the current situation…
Joshua: I just spent 3 hours on Google Earth.
Me: Doing what?
Joshua: I don’t know. Looking at the planet?
10. A friend sending me a video of my kids from 5 or 6 years ago. Their little voices, oh, so cute.
What are you thankful for?