The beginning of April we celebrated our interns who had been with us for a year and who were now moving on to the next season of their lives. Because of their incredible investment, we knew we wanted to celebrate BIG. That’s when the idea of “bars” all around came into being. We had a pizza bar, soda bar, and cupcake bar. It.was.a.blast.
We sealed pizza dough in plastic baggies and had everything prepped and sliced. The fun part about the pizza bar was that we baked our pies on the fire. They tasted amazing. Here’s how we did it.
- Grab a wooden cutting board and oil it down with olive oil.
- Plop your dough down on it, and work it into a pizza crust.
- Slide it onto the fire, and let it cook for a few minutes.
- Take it off the fire, sliding it back onto your cutting board, cooked side up.
- Load the cooked side up with your toppings.
- Slide it back onto the fire and let it cook another few minutes.
- Eat and enjoy.
For drinks we put together a soda bar. We had Coke and Coke Zero and homemade Cream Soda. THEN people had the option of adding cherry, vanilla, orange, or lemon simple syrup to it. We also had lemons and limes that you could squeeze in for extra measure.
Finally, for dessert, we offered a cupcake bar where everyone could pimp out their own cupcake. We had chocolate, vanilla, Italian creme, and red velvet cupcakes with vanilla, chocolate, cream cheese, and mocha frostings. Not only that but we had sprinkles, coconut, and nuts for more pimping!
This party was such fun. The best part about it was that everyone cooked their own food!